Monday, January 31, 2011

From Colombo to Colombo

I ordered my Lisboa bus pass today ( I will get the one month card with unlimited travel for a month). The funniest part was when the officer issuing the card looked at my form and asked
'Your passport was issued in Colombo?' with a very puzzled look on his face. At which point I replied: 'Yes, but at the city in Sri Lanka. Not at the shopping mall in Lisbon (obviously).

For those who have never heard of Colombo it is the name of my home city back in Sri Lanka. Coincidentally it also happens to be the name of a large shopping mall here in Lisbon. In fact Colombo is the first place I visited in Lisbon after arriving here! And what can I say I love that mall! It's got everything you can ever need to shop (well almost at least!:D).

I am living quite close to Colombo( I mean the mall!) right now but tomorrow I will shift to my new house in Areeiro. I will miss Colombo then( but you bet I'll be taking the metro there often!). I'll post about my new neighborhood as soon as I get there!

Beijinhos:)


Colombo in Lisbon


Colombo back home

No comments:

Post a Comment